Monday, January 30, 2006

It's Marriage Authority Day !

Luton registry office really starts your exciting road to marriage with all the pomp & ceremony that you would expect from multi-cultural Luton. From the outside it looks like an undertakers and on the inside a sprawling dental surgery.

Walking into the reception we are greeted by the 'little britain-esque' receptionist, "wiv you in a minute" as she returns to her phone conversation, "When was baby born?....uh huh...and the fathers name is ?...ok I understand, it only needs one of you to come in to register little Tyrone....ok Miss Shah, see you on Thursday".

I think I can apply for job seekers allowance in this place, they seem to do everything else, as I peruse a leaflet on civil marriage, which Pippa points out is actually civil partnerships which is for gay & lesbo marriages, so I quickly return the pink leaflet.

No comments: